Tasting Room Associate
Levendi Winery (Levendi LLC) is hiring full and part-time Tasting Room Associate(s) for a new and exciting tasting room in the Napa Valley with its grand opening in March, 2022.
The right candidate(s) will show an eagerness to take the initiative to provide excellent hospitality. This quality is essential for success. The position centers on assisting with presentation and sales of Levendi Wine through the process of hosting wine tastings. This is a multi-faceted position that requires good presentation, initiative, high-energy and excellent communication skills. Wine industry experience preferred.
Levendi, LLC is dedicated to providing a safe working environment. Our facility is cleaned thoroughly on a daily basis or as needed. We are committed to an enjoyable experience, providing cleansed tables, chairs, stemware, plates and utensils. Personal use sanitizer and masks are always available.
The Levendi Tasting Room Associate provides excellent hospitality while assisting tasting room staff with back and front of the house support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet guests in a warm and positive manner.
- Ensure tasting room, outside area and grounds are clean and orderly throughout the shift. This includes cleaning and buffing glasses, re-set tables as needed, etc.
- Restock supplies, as needed.
- Pack and carry wine orders for guests.
- Present wines in a professional and knowledgeable manner. Share knowledge of Napa Valley, Levendi Wines, winemaking, grape growing, vintages and products available.
- Follow all safety and hygiene protocols for guests and employees.
- Operate the POS (point of sale) system accurately and efficiently to process orders.
- Promote the sales of Levendi wines and encourage guests to join Levendi Wine Club.
- Exhibit great communication skills.
- Exhibit outstanding presentation, sales and positive customer service skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work weekends, nights, and some holidays, as needed during peak tourism season (4th of July, Memorial Day, etc.). Tasting room will be open from 12:00p.m. to 8:00 pm but daily schedule will vary based on activities and events.
- Actively promote sales and wine club memberships in order to secure brand loyalty and retention.
- Maintain gracious demeanor at all times (especially at high traffic times).
- Represent Levendi Winery and all products with professionalism, enthusiasm, and detailed knowledge.
- Follow opening and closing procedures.
- Uphold visual standards of tasting room.
- Assist guests with recommendations and/or reservations for tasting, dining, or recreation in the Napa Valley area.
- Participate, as needed, in staff meetings, tastings, and educational experiences.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Minimum six (6) months’ wine industry or hospitality experience preferred.
- Good judgement is key with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Knowledge of Levendi wine, winemaking and viticulture techniques preferred or a strong enthusiasm to learn.
Communication Skills: Must include an ability to read, analyze and interpret general business journals, legal documents and governmental regulations. Ability to write routing reports, correspondence and speak effective before groups.
Reasoning Skills: Must solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Analytical Skills: Must have an advanced level of ability to gather relevant facts and use them to reach sound and logical conclusions.
Administrative Skills: Must have an advanced ability to gather and prioritize tasks to achieve Levendi Winery operational goals.
Math Skills: Must work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios.
Computer Skills: Must have an advanced level and include the use and knowledge of integrated computer systems and business related software. Microsoft word, excel, outlook necessary. Various accounting software may also be utilized.
Decision Making: Must have the ability to make frequent decisions and the ability to plan and perform unusual or difficult work with general operation methods and procedures.
High Networking Skills: Must exhibit a high level of proficiency to establish and build relationships with vendors and guests relevant to gathering/retaining sales, business and revenues.
Leadership Skills: Must interact successfully with team members to complete tasks assigned. Ability to lead others in completing assigned tasks with minimal direction from supervisors.
Physical / Weight Requirements: Employee must be able to comfortably walk, stand, sit, talk, hear and see with reasonable accommodation. They will also be required to perform fine motor skill requirements. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds with assistance.
Work Environment: The employee will be required to work in a standard restaurant / kitchen / office environment (inside and outside activities). The noise level will be moderate.
Levendi LLC is an equal employment employer. Candidates will be required to complete background and drug screening.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the Unites States. Employer utilizes E-Verify.
- Competitive Hourly wage based on experience
Forward resume to Steve Ebol, Tasting Room Manager:
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and promotions.